Monday, March 2, 2009

My first weekend back in Utah

My first weekend home has been a whirlwind of family, house stuff, and wedding stuff.
I flew into the Salt Lake Air Base on Friday at 5:30 AM and almost all my family was there to greet me, it was great! The rest of the day was just hanging out with the family and shopping. Later that night Curt and I were on the phone for a couple hours working out some kinks in our home loan. Yeah that was fun... We had to go though a whole new lender, big headache. but things are working out so now we should close on Thursday (I'm keeping my fingers crossed).







On Saturday I had to go out to Camp Williams and finish up some out processing stuff and pick up the rest of my gear. Afterwords we went to my future house and our Realitor let me do a walk through for the first time. I only saw the house in pics so it was exciting to see it in person. Curt did a great job and I love it! Now we just need to close on the dang thing. We ended up going to a late lunch at Olive Garden with my parents, Curt's parents, our kids, Robyn, my niece Morgan, and the girls friend Taylor. Man, I really have missed REAL American Food! We went to Boondocks and had a blast. The three girls went off runing playing on whatever they could get their hands on and the adults played mini golf. We all had a blast!






On Sunday the girls went with me to David's Bridal so I could try on wedding dresses and Kalea could get a Flower Girl dress. It was a "no hassle" business time. I had looked online for dresses for months in Afghanistan and I new what I wanted. I tried on about eight dresses and (of course) the last dress I tried on was the one! I am super excited for May 15 to come, it can't go fast enough. We got kalea this very pretty dress as well. So wedding things are slowly coming into play. On Wednesday we are going to look at flowers and stuff like that, so that's gonna be another busy day!










4 comments:

Robyn said...

That was such a fun weekend. I'm glad I was there. Just remember if you need anything I will help out as much as I can. Love you sis!

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

Looks like you are enjoying being home!! Your family looks so good... I haven't seen Robyn,or your mom and dad forever. Good luck with the wedding plans!

Jake and Heather Lee said...

Looks like you've had a fun busy weekend! I'm sad I couldn't go shopping with you to look for dresses. You'll have to email me what it looks like! I want to see!! :) Kalea's dress is really pretty. Can't wait til your wedding!

P.S I went to the doctor again today and I'm dilated to a 3 and he stripped my membranes! Any day now.. :)

Justin and Jenny said...

Hey Liz!! My Email is Jennylu42@msn.com!!! Hope you're doing well!!! See ya soon!! I also need your address!!!