Friday, March 27, 2009

Too much to do and no time to do it!

Well, it'as been a while sense I've been on here to update you guys with anything! We finally closed on our house on the 4th of March and was able to start moving in. The house is double what the Townhouse used to be so I now have all this open space to try and figure out what I want to put there. Of course though I pretty much have it filled in now. We went to RC Willey's the other day and bought almost all the furnature we will need to fill in the house. It's not in the house yet (they are delivering it today) but I'm excited to see it all come together. I'll post pictures once I have everything in place. Curt makes fun of me cause I didn't want anyone coming over to the house when we had boxes scattered everywhere and now that the boxes are in the basement I don't want people coming over when there is nothing in the house at all! I know I'm a dork that way, but oh well. I want the snow to stop because I'm excited to start working in the yard. I already have ideas what I want to do out there and we also have some planter boxes outside for a little garden and I already bought some veggi seeds to plant!
With the wedding planning things are starting to come together. The first week I was home we had an appointment to go and meet my coordinator up at Millcreek. This place is perfect, especially for the fact that they do everything! I'll I have to do is go to their providers and pick what I want, and they take care of the rest. We went and met with their flower person and I already have my flowers basically ordered, I just have to make some final decisions more close to the wedding (how many centerpieces do I want...). Then we went and met their cake lady. She is super nice and funny and she makes this chocolate cake that is to die for!!! This weekend we will be in St. Goerge and Robyn is gonna take some invite pics for us then next week my old boss is gonna take some as well. Now all we have left for major stuff is the DJ and someone to marry us. Those are Curt's job so I need to make sure he's on top of that... :) Last Friday we went up to Millcreek for a four course sampling dinner to check out their food and service. The food is soooooo yummy there that I'm excited to eat on my wedding day!
As for work, I moved into my new office last week and I finally have it sort of arranged the way I want it. Of course I'll probably change it around again within a month or so. Before I can pin on my WOC (Warrant Officer Candidate) I have to go to a board on Wednesday in my Class A uniform and answer all these questions that the board members ask. I heard that some of the board members might ask me what the capitol of Bangladesh is (heck if I know that)! They ask those kinds of questions, just to see what our reaction might be and how we handle it. I'm not super nervous, I just want to get it over with!

2 comments:

Justin and Jenny said...

Yay for your new house!!! I'm way excited for you!!! So what day are you getting married? I also need your address so that I can sent you an invite to my wedding!!!

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

Sounds exciting! I'm excited to see the pics....

You have been super busy, I'm sure it will all be worth it when you can just relax as an 'ol married at your house!